An aesthetic surgery at the nose, the rhinoplasty (nose job) it’s a commonly requested procedure, which can substantially improve your facial features. A successful surgery can totally change your facial expression, because the nose has a central position and it is extremely visible. You will get equilibrium in the facial features, and also the self-confidence increases in every person that chooses this type of plastic surgery. The aesthetical improvements that will appear with the work of a plastic surgeon are numerous, and it all depends on what exactly is needed to improve.
The Best Patients
Rhinoplasty is a surgery that can be made out of an aesthetical reason, to reconstruct the structure of the nose or to solve a breathing problem. It is best if the person that chooses to have this kind of procedure to be an adult, as the structure of the bones is complete and there is no development going on.
There is also another reason, because in the case of an adult who chooses this surgery, the result will be harmonized with the reset of the face, helping you to have a realistic physiognomy.
There is no surgery that is free or risks. When the rhinoplasty is made by an experimented plastic surgeon, the possible complications are rare and usually minor. There are very big differences between the patients when talking about the healing and recovery capacity, so that the end result can never be predicted.
After the surgery, the skin of the nasal pyramid can have small red dots due to some small blood vessels that have broken. If you’re wondering about scars, you don’t need to worry, as they are almost invisible, especially if you choose the closed type surgery for rhinoplasty.
What To Do Before The Surgery
This is almost like any other surgery:
- You cannot eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before the surgery;
- You are not allowed to take aspirin or other medication that contains this substance for 2 weeks before the surgery;
- Women are not supposed to be on period;
- You must let the surgeon and the physician that supervisez the anesthesia about other medical issue – high blood pressure, vasculary problems, diabetes, heart attack, bleeding problems, lung problems, epilepsy, allergies to different medications or neurological problems;
- Tell your doctor anything that you believe it’s important before the surgery;
- Let him know if you are wearing dental prothesis or contact lenses;
- If you are a smoker, try to give up smoking for at least 2 weeks before the surgery and keep it like this for 2 weeks after the surgery;
- Don’t follow a diet;
- Whenever there appears an illness or a cold, the surgery will be postponed.
Rhinoplasty is made under general anesthesia or a local anesthesia combined with a light intravenous anesthesia. The surgery takes up about 1 hour, but if the case is a little more complicated, then it can last for longer. During the surgery, the skin is separated from the bone and cartilage, which are then sculpted in the desired shape. The doctors usually prefer the closed type of surgery, as there are no scars and the incisions are made inside the nose. The open type procedure is usually for more complicated cases.
After the surgery, the patient needs to spend 1 day in the medical facility to be supervised by the doctors. This is a time when the patient receives antibiotics or other drugs and painkillers.
In the first days after the surgery, the patient can feel the face swollen at the base of the nose and near the eyes. Something cold will help reduce the edema, but it’s natural for the first week. The full recovery is reached after 3 or 4 months from the surgery.
Give us a call at KYC Clinic and let us reshape your nose!